For Free Initial Advice Call NOW on:
0208 629 1597
0161 694 6353(North)
0121 752 9179(Midlands)

Need Expert Help With a Fiance Visa UK?
Get One of Our Immigration Lawyers on Your Side

Note: We are immigration barristers and are fully qualified, insured, regulated and authorised to provide bespoke consultation on your particular immigration issue. Our full focus is on providing active consultation, advice and direction from start to finish.

We operate a 3 step approach, namely:


Initially consider your case during a free telephone call.

This is not a 'full advice' session but rather an opportunity for you to provide us with some information as to whether we could properly help you with your case. If, during this session, we think that you would be better handling the case yourself and that our consultation services would be unnecessary, we will tell you so. We would give you a genuine view in this regard.


Barrister Telephone Advice

This step is designed to provide you with a view on your prospects of success and your application as a whole. Of course you may decide not to take this step but we would highly recommend it in most cases. At this stage we would give you initial access to our online client portal so that you can easily and quickly provide us with some essential information so that we can then reach conclusions about your prospects of success and the kind of approach and documentation that is likely to be required. Fixed Fee: £97 for half an hour of indepth advice.


We fully prepare and submit your application

It is at this stage that we provide you with full support including full access to all of our in-house tools to help you to provide us with all of the necessary information. In addition, we provide you with access to our own in-house 'Document Checker' software which will provide a uk spouse visa document checklist of all the documents you will need to 'get together' so that you can make a start on this straight away rather than rushing around at the end of the application process! We will then, in the light of the instructions we have taken from you, take the leading role in completing the application for your final approval and sign-off.


Some applicants unfortunately think that the law is straightforward or that the Home Office will be 'lenient' or 'kind'. This is simply not true. We are often left to 'pick up the pieces' after an applicant has carried out the work themselves. In short, you may as well get it right from the beginning by coming to us in the first place.

Note: we usually operate on a fixed-fee, no-win, no-fee basis so that:

* You know what your legal fees will be from the very outset;
* Because we are a barrister law firm, our overheads are much lower than those of a solicitor's firm or even many immigration advisors. So we do not charge extra for photocopying, sending emails, making telephone calls etc. Rather, we agee a fixed fee for the total work in question.
* If your application to the Home Office is not successful (and has not been rejected because of something we should have been told but weren't) then we would refund your legal fees or make the application again without charging any further legal fees

What is a Fiance Visa?

This particular visa lasts for six months and must be applied for from outside of the UK. It is not possible to 'switch' whilst in the UK to a fiance visa. It is a critical step for an unmarried couple who wish to either enter into a civil partnership of marriage from within the UK. Not to be confused with a normal 'visitor visa', this visa will allow a person to enter the UK for to get married or form a civil partnership; a visitor visa will not permit this. Unsurprisingly, there are several fiance visa requirements which need to be satisfied, namely all of the usual spouse visa requirements (including the spouse visa financial requirements ) plus you must prove to the Home Office that you are seeking to enter the UK for the purpose of getting married or entering into a civil partnership. In practical terms, this means that it is best to have set a date and have proof of this. Again, documentation is critical in this regard.

For all intents and purposes, applying for a Fiance Visa is as rigorous as applying for a spouse visa, particularly given that the application is made from abroad rather than in the UK. Additional questions about parentage supplement the usual questions in relation to virtually every aspect of your life and that of your UK partner - including yours and their children. Documentation still has to be original and in the same prescribed format as set out in Appendix FM-SE and also comply with the relevant Home Office Guidance. And once the application has been successfully made and you are married or in a civil partnership, you will need to make the subsequent application for a spouse visa extension - an application that is made from within the UK on form FLR(M).

What if my Fiance Visa Expires Before I Get Married?

The fiance visa is limited to six months only and therefore provides only a very limited time span for the marriage or civil partnership to take place. If you know that the ceremony will no longer take place prior to the expiry of your visa then you must apply for an extension. Unfortunately, the fees remain the same as any application via FLR(M) application, namely £1033 (plus any fees for faster turnaround) and you will need to have a good, evidenced reason for the delay as well as a firm date for your ceremony and this must be due to take place within 6 months of the extension application. In reality, given the expense, hassle and delay involved in taking this route, the answer is to do your very best to tie the knot within the validity of the visa!

What Documentation is Required?

As with the UK spouse Visa extension documents requirements much depends upon your particular circumstances, but the documents required will need to be in original form and if not in English or Welsh they will need to be translated and signed/verified (in the correct form) by the translator. Some of the documents you are likely to need to provide will include your UK partner's passport or letter showing their right to settlement in the UK, your passport, evidence that you have the requisite ability in the English Language, the birth certificates of all children, a TB certificate (if you come from any of the listed countries) as well as other evidence of your accommodation, documentary evidence of your finances as well as other documentation relating to the validity, genuineness and existence of your relationship. This is far from being an exhaustive list however and you should be very much aware that the Home Office are very unforgiving in this regard.

If you need assistance with your Fiance Visa UK application then please do not hesitate to contact us for a free initial consultation. We will be happy to provide full consultation and advice in relation to making your application.

We Are
Fully Regulated, Insured and Authorised

eviction lawyereviction lawyersevict a tenant